I’ve been holding on to news of a good thing (actually, it’s more than a good thing; it’s a fantastically wonderful opportunity) for a couple of months now and it’s been so hard not to share! I finally can so I’m going to shout it over the rooftops!
I’ve been invited to be a KEYNOTE presenter at the Diversity in Parenting conference! And I said YES!! YAY!! I’m so thrilled and so honored!
My First Keynote!
First of all, this is the kind of conference that someone like me dreams of attending, let alone applying to speak at or well, being invited to be one of very few keynote presenters.
At this conference, there is real diversity of presenters. Check out the pictures of us presenters below. I love all the faces! Yippee!!
Here’s the rundown of the Diversity in Parenting conference according to conference organizers:
● It’s aimed at mental health and parenting professionals who work with parents and their families!
● There are over 40 speakers of diverse backgrounds and identities (including me! Yay!) presenting on topics that families in today’s world are dealing with!
● The conference will be held **September 13-14th, 2019** in sunny Southern California (Anaheim, CA to be exact)!
● Over 200 professionals are scheduled to attend this revolutionary conference to grow, learn, network, and embrace diversity in their professional lives!
● Chances to network with local and national companies who work with mental health and parenting professionals in the exhibit hall will be available during the whole event!
Topics include but are not limited to :
● Adoption in the LGBT family
● Latinx parenting and dispelling cultural stereotypes
● Lessons on parenting learned from martial arts
● Feminism and its influence on parenting
● Exploring the ways perinatal mental health can impact a family
● Autism in the African-American community
● Cultural competency in the eating disorder world
● How technology has influenced and impacted families
And my beloved topic:
A Guide to Queer and Trans Parenting: Learn, Support, See, and Refer
Mental health clinicians and parenting professionals are encouraged to attend! For more information and to register, please click on this link http://bit.ly/DIPconference
This conference looks spectacular and it will be even better with you in attendance!
Can’t wait to see you there!
Dr. Abi Weissman
Psychologist and Keynote Speaker at the freakin’ fantastic Diversity in Parenting conference
You know you wanna register, right? Please do it here at http://bit.ly/DIPconference
Feel free to tell your friends of its awesomeness, too, ok?
Waves, A Psychological Corporation