Upcoming Training: Dr. Abi Weissman presents at the 2018 Annual California Psychological Convention! Click here to read about her presentation. Secure your seat at the conference in La Jolla, CA today!
Presentation and Training Topics Include:
- LGBTQIQ 101
- Being an LGBTQIQ ally
- Negotiating sexual orientation and / or gender identity and religion
- Protocol for writing letters in support of transgender clients
- Defining terms
- Learning appropriate and respectful terms to use with clients, coworkers, etc.
- Making your workplace safe for LGBTQIQA workers
- Polyamory awareness
- Types of sexual behaviors
- Grief and Loss
- Deaf culture
- Working with American Sign Language Interpreters
- and more!
Vary depending on audience, presentation and prep time; & distance from the event.
Please contact Waves at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
I loved the way Abi role-played how she would talk to a client in a challenging situation -- very real, really connecting and empathic.
Participant in "Transgender issues in the context of therapy" Presentation
Abi, your energy was great and your knowledge on the subject matter was clearly expert level. I will keep you in mind for any future clients who may benefit from your care. Thanks for coming!
Participant in "Transgender - Affirmative Clinical Care" Presentation
I love your authenticity, passion, emotion, and beautiful smile! Thank you for your thorough, informative, and heartfelt presentation. :)
Participant in "Trans - Affirmative Clinical Care Presentation